1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ding trencher question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by leoslayer, Sep 2, 2010.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

You only charge a dollar more per foot to compact, grade, seed and straw?

2. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. It actually works out great. Get seed at a great price, straw is cheap if its a rainy season and we get three cuttings. The main thing is back fill and compaction. And thats when you work for your dollar. Also straw on a whole can be bought at a reasonable price.

3. rlpsystems

And "per foot", it adds up.

4. irritation

I usually plow but when I have trenched, compaction, grading, seeding etc. Were the most time consuming.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i made a backfill blade and a compaction wheel for my barreto

6. irritation

I love burritos, I need a compaction device so I can eat more.:)

7. rlpsystems

I make/eat burritos every morning and night. No joke. Get fresh salsa roho from the Red Door Mexico. Little eggs, sharp cheddar, a little adobo seasoning. To good to be true. OK. Work like 'em. Eat like 'em........

8. leoslayer

leoslayer LawnSite Member

i am doing this job for free it is for a friend. i know i can rent a dingo ill see if the ditch witch is available

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

this was a real letdown; if you're doing it gratis, why the concern about the production?

if you're staying with friends, he buys all of the beer and she looks good and cooks great.......4 feet per hour:waving:

10. leoslayer

leoslayer LawnSite Member

well because she is renting the equipment. i am only going to be out there for 4 days. she is on a tight budget and i dont want her paying for more than a days rental. she has a john deere 110 with back hoe on her property but i dont want to fill in that much area with gravel it will spike the stone price a lot. i want to try and do this in a day. that is if she has some stuff done before i get there. she is a civil eng so she knows what to do just not how to put in ground.