1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dingo Auger Sizes

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jwholden, Mar 20, 2005.

1. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

I recently bought a Dingo and and debating on what size(s) auger to buy for it. I am thinking of getting two and have a pretty good idea what sizes to get. I will be using the augurs for planting trees (15G to 2 2.5" Caliper) and large shrubs(5G and up).

For those of you who have a Dingo, what size auger(s) do you use for planting trees and large shrubs?

2. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

get the high torque one.... the 30 incher.... the bigger the hole the better....

did you get the TX 400 ? Wheels ? Tracked ?

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I just signed the papers two weeks ago on my TX420. I bought the high torque auger head with 12", 18" and 30" bits. Plus I have a one man power auger with 6" and 8" bits so I figure that I'm covered for whatever I need to plant, hopefully. LOL

The only thing that I think that I might look into is a 2" bit for the one man auger for planting bulbs in the fall.

4. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

tx425, tracked

5. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

sweet.... dingo rocks... :cool2:

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

8. SONSCAPES

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

I just demoed a tx425 tracked yesterday that machine is sweeeeeeeet!!! :D

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we have the tx425 also.

we turn a 36" bit (with a bobcat auger head) without any problems.

10. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

We were going to get a 12, 24 and 30" auger bits for our SK500, but decided to forgo the 24" due to added cost. We figured that if a 24" hole would work, a 30" hole probably would too.:) So far, haven't used the auger attachment yet, in fact, we don't have the right powerhead yet (have a hydraulic auger until our high torque/low speed comes in).

Dan