1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

dingo or skid steer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rockstate, May 9, 2004.

1. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

Im doing a job where im going to take up the sod all the way around this house and dump some top soil in there and then build 2 pretty big berms in the back yard..... all together its going to be about 20 yards of dirt and i didnt know whether i would be better off with a dingo with a bucket or a skid loader.. on the bid i included a large amount of equipment rental .. thanks steve

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Skid steer for sure. The Dingo although useful it is very slow

3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Is the property open? If there's no gates or other obstacles that would require a smaller pice of equipment such as the Dingo. I would go for the skid steer.

4. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

okay, I'm going to ask a stupid question. Why not have the twenty yards dumped much closer to the worksite? Just as easy to clean up tracks from a dump truck than a skid steer.

5. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I am renting one of those 463 bobcats becuase of gate issues, was thinking of the dingo but i have to do runs from the street to the back yard so the skid steer is fatser. I wish my lx 665 or even my ls180 would fit in the back but alas i must use the tiny machine.

6. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

Alright thanks a lot yeah i would have it dumped but there are several areas it is going to be placed.. and it is very open