"Direct deposit" for receiving payments in QB

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hotty Toddy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy LawnSite Member

Currently I receive payments via cash, check, CC billing through Quickbooks, and bank transfer through Quickbooks. I send invoices through email and let the customer decide how s/he wants to pay.

I have one client who has paid via CC for my services before. But she is three invoices behind in paying, and she says that paying online via CC is too much trouble. She asked if this account could be set up on "direct deposit." I guess she means that it would automatically come out of her bank account. Or I guess she could mean do an automatic CC draft.

How do I set that up in QB? I've been searching QB tutorials but all I see is direct deposit for payroll.

2. OP
    OP
    Hotty Toddy

Looks like I would have to upgrade to a more premium version of QB

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I have 2 clients who do direct deposit to my account. I manually log their payments to quick books.

Mark Oomkes and Burnie like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Hotty Toddy

Do you manually log their CC #, banking account Routing/Account numbers?

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Both of my clients use a payment service through their credit unions. One has my bank account numbers and does a direct deposit. The other gives me the option to receive payment on a debit card or into the bank account, again using routing and account numbers.

I don't take credit cards.

6. BrendonTW

BrendonTW LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Oklahoma City

Look into Bill and Pay. Totally simplified online billing through quickbooks and allows them to set up auto payments. It’s not free but very inexpensive for the hassle it removes.

7. Where the Pavement Ends

Where the Pavement Ends LawnSite Member

Hotty Toddy, We are using QB 2018 and we post all payments, cash, credit cards and check in through the "Receive Payments" module. Of course you should receive some sort of record of the transaction to provide the payment details.

8. OP
    OP
    Hotty Toddy

Is there a way to save the customer's bank info (routing number and acct number) in order to direct bill from her bank account? **I'm not sure why she cannot enter it herself every two weeks!**

Should I say, "Roll Tide?"

9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Seems more and more of the larger banks are adding direct payment options such as ApplePay, etc.

It is just a matter of time until all banks will offer this.

Going to put the online check writing services out of business.

10. Where the Pavement Ends

Where the Pavement Ends LawnSite Member

Hotty Totty, sorry for the delayed reply. Been out of pocket on a job. Was going to ask you if "Go Rebels" works for you as well. Roll Tide works for me. But I've had one go to Bama. another go to Auburn, and have one at Troy right now. So I've learned to say "Roll Tide Roll", "War Damn Eagle" and "Go Trojans". Whew!

In case you don't have an answer on this yet. The 2018 version of Quickbooks allows you to retain credit card info on customers. Double click on the customer and the profile info will appear. Click on "Payment Settings" and you will see the data fields. In my version of CLIP, I can record bank account routing and account numbers, but I'm not sure that the data integrates with QB. (May be a question for the CLIP Team.)