1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Direct Mail does it work?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Holloway Lawns, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about doing a direct mail campain to a certain zip code. Have any of you done this and if so what were you results. Also what did you send a letter or post card? Did you use any special offers?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Ive done that a few times, worked ok, nothing special, but it was worth it. Im going to try it again soon.

3. Kurt

Kurt LawnSite Member

I mailed out 2,700 post cards last month. Cost? About $1,200. I offered the first month free upon signing a years contract.
    I was very disapointed. I got 4 phone calls. The general rule for direct marketing such as mail outs. The return should net at least 2%. NOT 1/2%
    Good new is that I closed all 4.
    I will never do a mass mailing again.
    But, I will try a saturation of a certain geographic market area to economize.
    Kurt

4. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I went to an area and passed out flyers on doors. I made two estamates while I was out doing thing and when I got home I got a call from a lady in that area wanting an estamate and come Monday I will be back in that area doing some work. I spent maybe 1 1/2 hour passing about 200 flyers out. I am happy with the results of it maybe one or two more call I would be real happy.