• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

Direct mailing postcards. Do they payoff?

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
I love direct mailing. I made a new mailing list about 6000 addresses. I plan to do a big mailout mid-end January. And then do several smaller target mailouts to areas I get a good response from the mass mailout.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
I do them myself. It would prolly be cheaper to use a company. I just don't trust their mailing list. I know exactly which houses and subdivisions get targeted. The home value, and income vary way too much here to base a list just off of that. Plus in a 5mile radius from my house there atleast 15 different Zipcodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
Why January? Seems the timing might be a little early, what's your thoughts on timing, etc.? I believe timing is EVERYTHING!
I'm in Southern Louisiana. We usually start weekly mowing 1st week of March. I'm actually going mow about 10yds 2morrow. Timing is key, so is name recognition. Ive been around long enough now that name recognition is really paying off. I get a lot of customers who call and say I got your postcard in the mail & I remember seeing your truck and trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm in Southern Louisiana. We usually start weekly mowing 1st week of March. I'm actually going mow about 10yds 2morrow. Timing is key, so is name recognition. Ive been around long enough now that name recognition is really paying off. I get a lot of customers who call and say I got your postcard in the mail & I remember seeing your truck and trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Very True, Name recognition is a factor, and I also don't think there is any right or wrong way to advertise, but like said before timing is EVERYTHING, but I will admit my most successful methods of advertising have been FREE....

Southscapes03

LawnSite Member
I sent out 10k thru Val-Pak once and got 1 call that didn't yield any $$$$. So in my experience, its a waste of money. That being said, I dont advertise at all....its all word of mouth. Every dime I have ever put towards something that had my company name and phone # was a waist.:hammerhead:

But if i was going to spend money on advertising, if would have to be on the web, and ensure that when someone searched for lawn care or landscaping in your area on google, your name was on the top 5 of the list

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I sent out 10k thru Val-Pak once and got 1 call that didn't yield any $$$$. So in my experience, its a waste of money. That being said, I dont advertise at all....its all word of mouth. Every dime I have ever put towards something that had my company name and phone # was a waist.:hammerhead:

But if i was going to spend money on advertising, if would have to be on the web, and ensure that when someone searched for lawn care or landscaping in your area on google, your name was on the top 5 of the list
I could see val-pak as a waste and not efficient advertising for the simple fact that your mixing yourself in between other ads, etc. and will most likely get skipped over or not looked at period, I think a direct mail postcard is more efficient and better seen and has a better ROI% in the long run....