Dirt in Eyes

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Now that its dryer out, my mowers kick up a lot more dust. Every night I'm pulling dirt out from my eyes. I am thinking of getting one of those eye washers that hook on the end of your faucet-about $50. My friend suggested that I ware swimmers goggles. I said if I ware them I'm also putting on a snorkel and flippers to complete the look. I ware wrap around saftey glasses, but they don't always keep the dirt out.

little green guy

LawnSite Senior Member
you could try wearing ski gogles. I thought about doing that but havn't tryed it yet. I think they would work well beacuse they are compfurtible, they seel of you eyes, they are tinted so they are like sunglasses and they will work as safty glasses too. Hey mabey you could start a new fashion stament.

Getmow

LawnSite Senior Member
Conner Safety Equipment sells safety glasses with a seal somewhat like ski goggles. They work pretty good.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
Buy alot of Visiene (SP?) Put a bunch in before you go th sleep and you will pull a 1/2 yard of dirt out of the corners of your eyes in the morning. REM does wonderful things. <br>I have this problem all the time in spring while dethatching and in the fall when I chop up leaves. Without a full SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) you are gonna get dirt, CHARGE MORE for it. Good Luck.

FIREMAN

LawnSite Senior Member
TRY BOUTON GOGGLES, THEY ARE AVAILIBLE FROM JUST ABOUT ANY SAFETY EQUIPMENT SUPPLIER. ALL I CAN SAY IS WEAR A BASEBALL CAP TO HELP PREVENT THE RACCOON EYES LOOK OTHERWISE I LIKE THE SUGGESTION MADE BY CHARLES, FUNNY THE WAY SOME LAWNS LOOK AROUND HERE YOU'D THINK SOME OF THE SCRUBS WERE USING HIS METHOD, ONLY WITHOUT THE LITTLE PEEP HOLES..LOL