1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

It's a European thing, just about all of their stuff has those decals.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, okay, thanks Scag..

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

To be honest, I never understood it on the excavators. They have them on their backhoes, loaders, pretty sure on their skids as well, makes sense for roading.

4. Junior M

Its probably to keep somebody from running into one at night, or so its easier to see, I dont know either, europeans are a tadbit wierd, but they prolly say the same things about us. but who wouldnt see a 20ton machine? even if it was dark you would see the huge thing..

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  5. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

6. Junior M

You about didnt get it out, I love your in cab video's!

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I remember how much of a PITA it was with Volvo's power management to the tracks when the boom was being used, that's one and the only complaint I had against them.
    You sure kept your composure, if that was me, I'd be on top of the cab performing my f*ck you dance. :cool2:

8. Junior M

Your brother had a Volvo trackhoe? I knew he had a Volvo umm umm what do you call it, the trackhoe house on wheels, crap, yeah well you know what I mean, and it was just a rental wasnt it?

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

He owned a 290LC with cab guarding 2 buckets and Volvo's kick ass hydraulic bucket quick change system from early 2005-late 2007, but it was sold off, it wasn't as small as a 200 and it wasn't quite a 330.

I miss it dearly.

10. Junior M

He sells everything you like, I think he does it just to piss you off.. :laugh: