1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Discount for mulch?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by SouthernYankee, Feb 17, 2006.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen several different large LCOs around my area place ads for discounts on mulch if they install more than 8 yds. For example one company installs mulch for $65.00 a yard , but if you order more than 8 yds they will discount it and sell it for $55.00 a yard.

I have a job for almost 20 yds and the homeowner is willing to pay, but I still want to stay competive.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I currently do not offer a discount for over a certain amount of yards of mulch, most of my mulching is done in conjunction with installs. I don't think its a bad idea though if you are pushing strictly mulching and looking for an edge to build sales volume. I get Double Ground Hardwood mulch for $10 per yard so at the prices your talking about I'd still turn a nice profit. I typically sell mine around $55 delivered & installed.

Plus this is the type of thing that gets homeowners talking to other homeowners about your company IMO.