1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Discounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Mar 27, 2000.

1. gusbuster

gusbuster LawnSite Bronze Member

I’ve got to say I have been lucky not to be approached for a senior discount. Most of my clients have watched me as a little 8-year-old pushing dad’s mower. I always get a crack when I tell these clients that I’m not that little kid anymore. (I’m an old man at 36 yrs old, no offense intended to people my age or older.) I charge a fair price and these people realize how expensive it is to live in my area. <br>I wouldn’t give a senior discount because I would have to make it up with my other clients. This wouldn’t be fair. Businesses that do give senior discounts make it up with their other clientele.<br>Jean<br><p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I don't give seniors discounts.They pay the same as everyone else. Being ex-army the only<br>discount I give is DEFCOM (Defense Community)<br>discount which is 5%.I dont get to many Army<br>blokes as customers though,like me they drink<br>most of their pay. :)