• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Diseased Japanese Maple?

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Turn off your irrigation.
Even though its drip according to ops first post?

@ssx_osc34 My guess is leaf scorch and other issues the canopy looks thin and if a tree that big and established is losing leaves whats changed?

Also powdery mildew will cause that if your weather has been humid first thought was over spray from pressure washer

Mudly

LawnSite Senior Member
Even though its drip according to ops first post?

@ssx_osc34 My guess is leaf scorch and other issues the canopy looks thin and if a tree that big and established is losing leaves whats changed?

Also powdery mildew will cause that if your weather has been humid first thought was over spray from pressure washer
thats generally always going to be my go to consensus on first impression problems. nobody's gonna jump through the internet with a airspade, but more often then not a consultation will result in turn off your irrigation. 2 hours of direct watering a week is a lot if you think about it.

Hayduke

LawnSite Senior Member
2 hours of direct watering a week is a lot if you think about it.
That's not a lot of water on the West Coast where it doesn't usually rain from about mid May to October and the air is bone dry. I know lots of folks that water every day in the peak of summer.

OP
S

ssx_osc34

LawnSite Member
Hi Folks - Just to clarify, there's no powder whatsoever on the tree, bark or leaves. I've since ceased irrigation but we also just started the rainy season a week ago