Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started discharging the lawns, as bagging has and is old...however...it makes quite a mess, usually have to blow out mulch beds alot. What do your crews do to keep things cleaner?

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Well...............:)

Can do the radius enough times so that the back and forth does not throw the clipping into the beds.

Install a plate over the opening and use mulch blades.

Do a search for "mulching"

Lots of great threads

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
its just a matter of learning how to use the disharge method ,and leave very little residue of grass . u just gotta learn how. but i think u will like it once u got it down. good luck.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Try cutting it higher if u can, the only alternative I use is to go back over it till its gone. Last resort is to bag, sometimes the shortest time solver.

From a newbe in the biss with lots of personel experience.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Get good on the mower, know when some area's need a third or even a fouth perimeter lap. Raise deck 1/4" on second cut, with nice shape blades of course. The circle is your friend (going around trees four times). Ahh practice makes perfect i suppose.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by Likestomow
Aim it the other way.
Can't always do that. What if you have a 2 beds 15' apart? No matter which way you blow grass, you end up getting grass somewhere you don't want it. This time a year I run a mulch kit works fine. When I'm not running the mulch kit, i just deal with it and blow the grass out of the beds when done.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Originally posted by DLCS
What if you have a 2 beds 15' apart? No matter which way you blow grass, you end up getting grass somewhere you don't want it.
I've got that problem as well in a few yards. No matter which way I cut it, some clippings end up in a bed. I use my blower to do the best I can getting them out.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Go with either installing an OCDC or adding a mulching kit to control the discharge. You really do need to do something to keep the grass out of the beds. That just adds to the time onsite cleaning up.

Gravely_Man

·
Registered
126 Posts
Back off the throttle at the appropriate moment and it won't shoot the grass out as fast or as far, then kick it back up. I have to do that on my own lawn in 2 spots - 5 feet between beds and a 48" mower. Quick, easy, effective, and didn't have to buy anything extra. An OCDC would be nice but I can't afford it right now and using the throttle works fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.