1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Ditch Witch SK500 Opinions

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Compact Equipment Guy, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Compact Equipment Guy

Compact Equipment Guy LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with the SK500 that they would like to share. I am trying to form an opinion on the unit but wondered what other people think about it.
    I am interested in performance, price and durability. Also, I wonder how it compares to the Vermeer s600 unit.

Thanks
    CEG

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have never used the Vermeer, so I can't comment on that. I have used the SK500 5 times in the last month or so, though. It has plenty of power for its size, and I like the extra reach with the lift arms for reaching into the truck. It can easily replace two men on an install job, and is really amazing with a 4' Harley Rake out front. It is very responsive, controls are very accessible, and I prefer it over the Bobcat MT 50 we used to use(but that's just me BC guys!) I think it is a very solid machine overall, and with all the available attachments, would be a welcome piece of equipment to anyone's biz looking for a compact machine.