Divot in lawn and customer has a remedy for me not to do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
Yes ago when I took on a new customer and was new to lawn care. I did a divot way out back of there yard near fence. I went back to cut a week later and there where thumb tacks and small nails on divot area. Do you think someone was trying to teach me a lesson? I thought this must have been a crazy customer.
Wow, that is a little extreme. I would probably have fired you but I would not have put nails or tacks in my own lawn.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
I said it wrong. I corrected it. Thanks for letting me know.

What I meant was they aren't careful about tearing turf. Maybe don't know or care or both.

All right that makes more sense. I figured maybe you had stated it wrong.

After you edited it I agree with that statement wholeheartedly LOL

That's why I raised the question initially I couldn't fathom firing companies over one divot. Be going through new lawn care companies every other week

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes ago when I took on a new customer and was new to lawn care. I did a divot way out back of there yard near fence. I went back to cut a week later and there where thumb tacks and small nails on divot area. Do you think someone was trying to teach me a lesson? I thought this must have been a crazy customer.
Technically divots have more to do with poor root health and soil composition than the mower
Technically

if you have to tip toe across the lawn lest you rip it up, there’s issues

if you’re power sliding across it like you’re 5 in your big wheel trike, there’s different issues

fwiw I’ve seen plenty of people poweslide across turf and had very little damage
And I’ve push mowed lawns where my boot made a divot
Everything is relative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums