Divot in lawn and customer has a remedy for me not to do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
Firing a business over a single divot would show what a complete idiot I would find that lawn owner to be...but I would wish them luck in finding that perfect replacement LCO...and be happy I no longer was working with the fool.

As for making divots...ANY yard, and even those super duper fields and such can be torn up by most any commercial ZTR...simple physics at work here. The root of most grasses are as deep as they are tall...yet that basically has nothing to do with it. A weighted twisting motion creating friction to the breaking point CAUSES DAMAGE...I could prove this with basic math (and just a bit of common sense) but then that poster would likely argue that fact as well, so why bother.

Yes, any client can fire any LCO for most any reason, or for no reason at all...HOWEVER, the LCO does NOT have the same ability with their employees depending on the state you live in. You may THINK you can fire an employee, but you better check the labor laws in your state first. The employee will then file an Unemployment Insurance claim and will be able to collect since the reason for firing is not reasonable. It's simply not a reasonable expectation to expect or demand perfection...ain't happenin'... Further, did you take steps as in a verbal warning? Written warning? Documented training? Now your unemployment insurance rate will raise quite a bit until you have enough employees to factor in to....ok, could go on and on, but you get the point. Now if they're an independent contractor...and you have a signed contract with them stating such, they're not an employee and you can terminate at will depending on the language in the contract.

Oh, and if you're calling them an employee, of course you're withholding taxes and such from their earnings and reporting all of this on your taxes right? If not, when unemployment is claimed and they can find no record of earnings from your fired ex-employee, your problems just increased exponentially....

It has been a somewhat entertaining read thus far, that much is certain!!
Why would they be a complete idiot? Is it because lco’s aren’t a dime a dozen?

Divots are avoidable, prove me wrong.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
Even when taking reasonable care while mowing there are times that turf will scuff/tear/divot. I don't go around entire yards checking the depth of the grass roots, the soil moisture and how firm the soil is. I find out the hard way.

I think some of you need to take a deep breath and relax.

Prestigious1

LawnSite Member
Why would they be a complete idiot? Is it because lco’s aren’t a dime a dozen?

Divots are avoidable, prove me wrong.
Sure they are...mostly. Unfortunately, I do not posses the level of perfection you claim to have...and good for you!

Yup, I wrote it and stand by my post...anybody who claims to be perfect is a fool...prove me wrong...I have quite a bit of proof to back me up as well...

iand

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm a bit confused about this I mean the op makes a mistake and instead of talking to him it appears the client has set up a trap which could cause damage to either the equipment,other parts of the property the op or anyone who may be around what I'm confused about is why the OP is referring to them as a client instead of an ex-client,no way am I continuing to work for someone who thinks treating others like this is acceptable

Doc8406

LawnSite Fanatic
OMG. Yall realize if aliens exist there gonna lock the doors of their spaceship as they floor it passing our planet, cause who would wanna listen to all this nonsense
Alians.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums