Divot in lawn and customer has a remedy for me not to do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
Even when taking reasonable care while mowing there are times that turf will scuff/tear/divot. I don't go around entire yards checking the depth of the grass roots, the soil moisture and how firm the soil is. I find out the hard way.

I think some of you need to take a deep breath and relax.

Sure they are...mostly. Unfortunately, I do not posses the level of perfection you claim to have...and good for you!

Yup, I wrote it and stand by my post...anybody who claims to be perfect is a fool...prove me wrong...I have quite a bit of proof to back me up as well...
I never claimed to be perfect, I claimed that divots can be avoided and I avoid making them.

What is absoloutley hilarious is how everyone has keyed in on the “to divot or not to divot” and call that crazy or idiotic but disregarded the thumb tacks and nails. That’s what’s crazy, think about it.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
I never claimed to be perfect, I claimed that divots can be avoided and I avoid making them.

What is absoloutley hilarious is how everyone has keyed in on the “to divot or not to divot” and call that crazy or idiotic but disregarded the thumb tacks and nails. That’s what’s crazy, think about it.
I've got over 5,000 hours of experience running zero-turn mowers and try to be careful and still mess up turf sometimes. It happens no matter how experienced or careful you are, at least in my area in the conditions we have here. Some turf damage is to be expected IMO.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic

Uh yea... you started it. Just sayin Thumbs Up

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
I've got over 5,000 hours of experience running zero-turn mowers and try to be careful and still mess up turf sometimes. It happens no matter how experienced or careful you are, at least in my area in the conditions we have here. Some turf damage is to be expected IMO.

I don’t know what to tell you. I run standers, not sure if that makes any real difference or not regarding divots. Fescue and Bermuda is what we’re cutting here. All I can tell you is I don’t have a problem avoiding making divots in my customers lawns.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don’t know what to tell you. I run standers, not sure if that makes any real difference or not regarding divots. Fescue and Bermuda is what we’re cutting here. All I can tell you is I don’t have a problem avoiding making divots in my customers lawns.
I think we all need to realize that things are different in different areas and to be careful not to pass judgement on others because of that. There ain't no such thing as Bermuda where I am. The closest thing we have is Zoysia and yeah, you would have to be downright reckless to damage that. But you'd have to be a freaking magician not to cause some damage on some of the lawns that I mow.

I'm done here. ✌️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums