Divot in lawn and customer has a remedy for me not to do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
I don't know how it is in your area, but in my area it is hard to find quality companies who do quality work. If I had found a quality company who did quality work, I certainly wouldn't fire them over one small mistake.

There are more guys doing “quality” work here than there are hacks. Several guys(I’m not one of them btw) who have been in business 20+ years and operate at a high level. Maybe our “quality” is higher than most? I don’t know, don’t really care.

So, it’s not a poor business sense, at least not here. It might be a poor business sense for you but that doesn’t mean you’re wrong or I’m wrong. Different strokes for different folks.

Toro44

LawnSite Senior Member
Ok back to the original topic, the proper response to the tacks and nails is 3 phase. Sugar in the gas tank, banana in the tailpipe and flaming bag of dog poo on the porch. But seriously, do you think he thought the divot was an animal digging. Please ask the customer so we can all know why on earth he put thumb tacks on the ground.

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
I doubt a customer (unless mentally ill) left tacks on a divot. People normally aren't that petty and from my experience in this business, nobody cares about the occasional divot. Maybe kids were playing or maybe it was like others said, for animals.

Divots are the least of our problems in this line of work.

HeadScratcher

LawnSite Senior Member
thinking this thread's run its course? unless we can get back on track, guessing we can close it out?
Several pages ago.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the possibility of slipping in that back yard and getting back up with a face full of tacks or a nail through their palm?

Or that the OP never came back to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums