Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Dixie Chopper XWD2600 Diesel and today I pulled it up on a ramp to remove the blades. It sat at a 30 degree angle front up in the air for about 30 minutes. I then tried to start it and nothing! I rolled it back off the ramp and let it sit for an hour and nothing. It will turn over but won't start. I bled the fuel system at the filter and at the injectors, and I have fuel flow. The tanks were 1/2 to 3/4 full, so I can't imagine how air could have got into the system anyway. Anybody have any idea what might be going on here? If I can't figure it out, I am going to have to winch that darn thing on a trailer and haul it to the dealer that's 50 miles away, and then I am down at least 2 days!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Darren

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
mindstream said:
Hi all,

I have a Dixie Chopper XWD2600 Diesel and today I pulled it up on a ramp to remove the blades. It sat at a 30 degree angle front up in the air for about 30 minutes. I then tried to start it and nothing! I rolled it back off the ramp and let it sit for an hour and nothing. It will turn over but won't start. I bled the fuel system at the filter and at the injectors, and I have fuel flow. The tanks were 1/2 to 3/4 full, so I can't imagine how air could have got into the system anyway. Anybody have any idea what might be going on here? If I can't figure it out, I am going to have to winch that darn thing on a trailer and haul it to the dealer that's 50 miles away, and then I am down at least 2 days!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Darren
I just went to my D.C. dealer website and I couldn't find a XWD2600 so I did a model # search and still came up empty handed. Is this a brand new 05 unit they just came out with ? They have a couple others and havn't added them to the website either.
I did find a XXWD5000, I looked at this wiring schematic and noticed a mercury switch in line from the ignition switch to the fuel pump. This switch shuts the fuel pump off on too steep of a incline. Possibly your unit has the same and it is malfunctioning in some way not letting the fuel pump work.
I do work for a Dixie dealer but I havn't had the opportunity to do any repairs on a diesel as of yet, But just maybe this will point to something since all you did is raise the front end.
Sorry I can't help more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
restrorob,

Thanks for the reply. My chopper is 2000 or 2001 model. I had a reply from Dixie chopper service who suggested the mercury switch or a fuel solenoid. I don't think it is either of those since I have good amounts of fuel coming out of the air bleed screw by the injectors if I turn it over. I have given up and loaded it on the trailer. By the time I get it back, I may need to by a Dixie Chopper bailer to pull behind it as I mow.. :dizzy:

Darren

·
Registered
423 Posts
It sounds like your are getting plenty of fuel. Last year mine would run out of fuel with tanks 1/2 to 3/4 full. The electronic fuel pump had gone bad and replacing it solved the problem.

·
Registered
423 Posts
mindstream,

I'm 15 miles south of Morton.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a dixie chopper xxwd 5000 72 inch. I just rebuilt the starter and after that she refuses to crank. The engine turns over but no fuel. I have verified getting fuel past the filter and water seperator, however nothing past the injector pump. I removed the fuel cut off soleniod and turned on the key. I have to help the soleniod move when the key is turned on but will go back to the off position by its self. Is this normal?

·
Registered
161 Posts
i have a dixie chopper xxwd 5000 72 inch. I just rebuilt the starter and after that she refuses to crank. The engine turns over but no fuel. I have verified getting fuel past the filter and water seperator, however nothing past the injector pump. I removed the fuel cut off soleniod and turned on the key. I have to help the soleniod move when the key is turned on but will go back to the off position by its self. Is this normal?
I had same problem with a 2007 35hp 72 model sold it and guy bought has had something go bad twice

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its a safety feature. Take the blades off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.