1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

dixie chopper reviews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spudden, Apr 2, 2005.

1. spudden

spudden LawnSite Member

I need some feedback on a dixie chopper. I am new to the ztr mowers but had about made up my mind to get a hustler super z or super mini, new. But i found a DC here in town with a 50" cut 20hp kohler with 36 hrs on it for $4500, he said he paid $6300 new. What do ya'll think.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I personally think that DC's are great mowers and I think that you have stumbled onto a great deal. You should snatch that up in a heartbeat. Dixie's are top notch machines.

3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I have that exact mower. I love it. Those things have a beautiful cut. They are built like a tank, and easy to operate and service. Why is he selling? I would jump on that.

4. spudden

spudden LawnSite Member

He started out to maybe make a little extra money on the side, do some favors, but it didn't work out. I know i've seen a lot of these machines in my area but we do have a DC dealer here in town and they also sell hustlers as well. I have a couple of friends at work who have hustlers and they love there's which is what got me interested in them in the first place. I hadn't researched the DCs as much because i had read somewhere that the hydros were a little jumpy or just weren't as smooth as the hustlers. Do ya'll have any pointers.

5. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

spud i'm over in perry; is that a silver eagle series or coatsville? either way its a good buy!! that guy in hawkinsville /mowproducts ; he wont move on the price much. check out the grasshoppers and deere z traks across town too. the hustler at mow products is a well built machine too. one of the best/heaviest built on the market. :help:

6. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think you can go wrong with the chopper. I really like mine and like gene said they leave a beautiful cut.

7. spudden

spudden LawnSite Member

Thank ya'll, i think cutting the grass is going to be fun again.