1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper salesman

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Shane7258, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Shane7258

Shane7258 LawnSite Member

I went today to look at and buy a new walk behind or a new ZTR. I went to Dixie Chopper first and I am so you know in the market for a 36-44 inch mower that cuts good speed doesn't matter to me especially 13 MPH. I have all small residential cuts. Ok heres why I did not buy a dixie chopper
    1. I tried to tell him speed did not matter and he raised his hand for me to shush, and went on to compare a craftsman to a dixie chopper

He blew it all right there! I had my checkbook with me and could stroke a check for anything times two in the store.

I have done my research and know Dixie Chopper is a nince outfit, but I a professional am comparing them to hustler not to craftsman. He was an idiot and lost the company at least 5200

I just bought a new Hustler 37 inch hydro with side catcher and sulke I stroked a check on the spot and will pick it up in the morning after I get my acessories attached and cleaned up.

Sales you win or loose with the wrong or right word... to treat a business owner or anyone like an A$$ just looses money for you and the comapny.

2. Grass Hand

Grass Hand LawnSite Member

Dixie Chopper is a company in trouble ...they dont listen to the customer , they dont have a real engineer on the payroll and the Evans family is disfunctional. You bought a Hustler and you made a good choice.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Well that post is almost 3 years old!!!