Dixie Chopper

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Read an article today that the Alamo Group out of Texas has bought the assets to Dixie Chopper from Textron.

Maybe they will be back in production soon.

weve

LawnSite Senior Member
Interesting. The article that I read states that: "Moving forward, Alamo Group Inc. will continue to manufacture, sell and support Dixie Chopper products as part of its Agricultural Division. The future manufacturing of the products will be located in our Gibson City, Illinois, factory, where the company also produces the RhinoAG implement line. We are committed to keeping our Dixie Chopper dealers informed and engaged during this transition."

This plant is just 65 miles east of where I live.

OP
sjessen

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Interesting. The article that I read states that: "Moving forward, Alamo Group Inc. will continue to manufacture, sell and support Dixie Chopper products as part of its Agricultural Division. The future manufacturing of the products will be located in our Gibson City, Illinois, factory, where the company also produces the RhinoAG implement line. We are committed to keeping our Dixie Chopper dealers informed and engaged during this transition."

This plant is just 65 miles east of where I live.
Sounds as though they will manufacture at least part of their product line.

danothemano

LawnSite Senior Member
I've liked what I read about the pursuit though never owned one. Wonder if they will continue with those.