• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Dixie stripper

matthew horner

LawnSite Senior Member
Figured that would get some views.

THe saga continues.........

Ok, so I got my 95 model dixie with a 50 inch deck last week. I cut centipede with it all week, and was astonished at how fast and easy it was to use. I was cutting with single blade hi lifts.

Then came the problems.

I have fescue accounts also, and so I needed to get the deck up a little higher.

Long story short-I followed advice from people here, and from a dixie tech support bulletin, and put the axle pins in the middle holes, and the front and back deck pins in the top holes.

I also removed the blade spacers and added mulching (gators) blades on top of the hi lifts (doubles for left over leaves)

So, why did I say stripper? IT IS LEAVING LITTLE STRIPS OF GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I go slow, its perfect, but I get on it a little and I get sprigs and straglers and strips that aren't cut at all.

This is not rocket science, so someone please tell me where I screwed up. I could cut the centipede at top speed and no strips.

Thank You.