1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Update

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fine Lines Lawn, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Talked with the factory today... (I do that on rain days)
    There will be some modifications to their newest models in July. The new features are still a mystery (DC likes mysteries) but I will keep you posted. I may visit in person again soon if we have many more rain days.

:( DC has abandoned Donnaldson air filters for the Honda engines. :(
    Apparently, Honda had issues with Donnaldson over emissions and modififations, blah, blah, blah, and couldn't come to terms. Honda has taken over that project and is working on a similar filter to add to the Honda Dixies. Hopefully they will have one ready before leaf season, but R/D still didn't have a time table for availability.

I guess those of us who like to have the newest of everything have to be patient with the modifications:)

2. BOBSTER31

BOBSTER31 LawnSite Member

I was wondring did they ever update the filter i just bought a dc chopper friday and i am going to pick it up wed . I wonder if i should have waited for a while longer

3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Tell us what you got Bob :)
    There are lots of cool new features on the 2002s, but no changes on the Honda set-up. Mines doing great though. Just be sure and keep that air filter clean :)

4. capnfrantic

capnfrantic LawnSite Member

Finelines, Call Bill @ Enginaire. He is a pretty cool guy and may be able to help with the precleaner on a Honda. Just a thought...www.enginaire.com