Do I need a medical card?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Johnson LCO, Apr 6, 2008.

  1. Johnson LCO

    Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 336

    I got commercial insurance on my truck and never thought I needed anything else. Someone I know got pulled over in a dump truck without the proper medical cards and tags and was fined $2k in PA. I frequently go into PA and live in DE and was wondering if I needed weighted tags and a medical card? I have a 2000 ford f350 diesel dually and am not sure what it weighs but it GVWR is 11,200#. I have am going to mostly be towing a 16 foot enclosed trailer or a 12 foot dump trailer. In what instances do I need a weighted tag and medical card? How can I get these? I plan on doing topsoil deliveries in the future and loading the dump trailer up to its 10,000# GVWR limit and dont want to be fined by the DOT. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,526

    if your GVWR is over 10,000 then you need a medical card if you cross state lines, that is a federal law does not very from state to state. As for the plates u will have to check with your state laws
  3. newtostone

    newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY
    Messages: 681

    Yup its really easy to get, just call up your local hospital and ask them where to get one issued they should be able to direct you in the right direction. Best of luck

Share This Page