1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Do you guarantee your work

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by wacaweed, May 12, 2007.

1. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

When installing a new lawn or redoing a lawn that someone else screwed up do you guarantee your work and :hammerhead: if so how do you word it

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes I guarantee establishment.

as long as they follow my watering schedule exactly. their really is not a hole lot to write down, you water acording to my schedule I dictate to you I guarentee full establishment. if they have a in ground sprinkler system great you program it to your schedule if they do not have a inground system they must purchase a programable timer or no guarentee. simple really

3. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I always say " If the grass doesn't germinate or establish it self I will re-do the lawn my charge" I also tell them that I will mow the newly renovated lawn the first time it needs cut. That way I know my blades are going to be sharp and will just top off no more than a 1/3 of the grass blade.

After that it is all the customers. I will call them just to remind them it needs water.