1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Do you guys buy parts online?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Oasislawnman, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Oasislawnman

Oasislawnman LawnSite Member

Do you guys buy parts online for mowers? If you do were. Any of you try texasmowerparts.com

Thanks

2. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I've been buying from j-thomas so far. You get fast delivery from them, but a couple times last year they have been out of stock on certain items. Guess it's getting like a dealer.

3. kayeproperties

kayeproperties LawnSite Member

Yes I too buy from J-thomas and have had the same out of stock problems on a few items but in general they have what I need and way way cheaper than dealer. Its a nickle and dime business and we need to watch our pennies! I would buy from the local guys but they are rude arrogant and greedy. I dont need to listen to an attitude or someone who is doing me a favor by getting me parts!

4. TOOMUCHWALKING

TOOMUCHWALKING LawnSite Member

One more for J. Thomas-it's very helpful to look at the exploded views in their catalog.

5. De'maines Lawncare

De'maines Lawncare LawnSite Member

Hey I would try Pro Parts Direct At www.turfdepot.com. They have had the Kohler OEm Filters for $3.99. I have also never gotten the wrong part with these guys

6. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

I have spent several hundred dollars with www.mowpart.com this year so far. They have also been out of a few things but then its real hard to have everything we could want. They have the best prices that I've found with any of the internet our lets. I talk with Scott and hes great to work with. Give them a try!!