Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you guys do a sale or Discount for a week or so to all your New Customers? Because i was wanting to do like a sale for mowing and trimming for 1 acre yards and under would that be a bad idea or good idea? and then like if they Stick with us i was going to offer a 5% or 10% discount off the normal Price of there weekly mowing and trimming for so long. Around here All the small time companies that have ads in the paper charge $15 and up as there starting price. So i was thinking for one week only charging like $15-$24 for a one week sale Price on Lawn Mowing and Trimming of 1 acre yards. What do you guys think? I'm just starting out so i am looking to get New Customers because i have done the whole flyer thing EVERY WHERE.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any one else offer a deal like that? more feed back would be helpful because i started at the end of June and i haven't had many calls and the one customer i do have said i have done a great job with mowing there lawn better than there last Lawn Care company and some of the the one time jobs i have had which would be 3 one for flowerbed cleanup and then another one for cuting some trees and getting rid of poison ivy off there house and the last customer i had was a Vacation mowing job. So that is why i was wondering what everyone thinks about a half price sale on lawn mowing and trimming or some kind of sale?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Something that has worked for me a bit is giving a free mowing job to those who refer you to a new weekly account.

the best advertisement is through word of mouth.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Incentives to sign a contract is find and is good business.

Look at what the auto manufacturers are doing. They offer a discount on certain models.

Do certain gas stations not offer a discount on premium on a certain day of the week? Where I am they do.

Do carpet cleaners offer a free room when they do 3?

If that is what you need to do to build your business, by all means do it. If your not someone else is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks Glan for the advice i never really seen discount offers talked about here before so thanks for the advice i think i will run some kind of late season discount and who knows i mite get a few customers and they may stick with me next year too
P.s yesterday i posted this up and then today i replyed to it again to get it to the top because it was all the way on like the 4th page i guess that just shows how GReat lawnsite is.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jim Lewis posted something recently where he talked about the power of having the word "FREE" in your advertising. I think he is on to something, but I'm just trying to figure out what I can give away. I'm considering a 5th cut free promotion next spring. I like this idea since it would fall into the second month and be part of their second bill from me. This somewhat mitigates the possiblility of getting "used." I need to somehow make it clear that it is the 5th cut that is free - NOT every 5th cut!

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
during certain types of seasons if people sign up early for like aeration or renew their contracts early I offer them a 10% off the first month of service or 10% off the service. The highest that I have ever gone with a discount is 15% off.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
there was a guy around here a few years back, he passed out a couple thousand fliers, "every 4th cut free". he did nice work, but he was dumber than a coal bucket, he lasted 3 months i think. my wife and i were just having this conversation a few minutes ago. we used the word free in an add 3 yrs ago, it sold like hotcakes, it gets peoples attention, so does the color red, print the free, in red ink.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.