1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Do you guys wear hats?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by stihlgirl, Apr 19, 2006.

?

Do you wear a hat?

1. Yes, I wear a hat.

430 vote(s)
    81.7%
  2. Nope.

96 vote(s)
    18.3%
  1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

ball cap is worthless against the sun. doesn't offer any protection for your ears and neck.

i wear a hat like this and the hat absorbs the sweat from your brow if you pull it down onto your forehead.

wear a hat like this and you don't have to wear sunscreen at all. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CutItHighAndOften

CutItHighAndOften LawnSite Member

I wear a wet pith helmet. Heavy but very cooling.

3. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

You doe-does who don't wear a hat and sunscreen , BETTER. Skin cancer is real . My wife is a nurse , she sees it regularly. Plus if you keep getting tanned out there day in and day , over time you will look like the old people in Florida. The sun will age you faster (for those of us who care about our looks). Sunscreen, hat, safety glasses, ear plugs ....... Everyday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a black sweat band under this hat almost all the time

http://www.sundayafternoons.com/adventure-hat.html

Not cheap but top quality. It has lasted me 4 plus years and still going strong.

The Derma Hat @ SundayAfternoons hat website is a new edition and the brim may be a bit wider even. Good luck !

5. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

I wear one that is very similar to that. I think its a "sunday" brand that I bought from REI. I had a bout with Basal cell skin cancer about 10 years ago, so I don't mess around with sun on the face or neck any more.

6. Funk Bucket

Funk Bucket LawnSite Member
    from MA

I wear hats when the sun's beamin. Company baseball hats though, cheap. Same for employees. Company hat, not your beatin to hell Budweiser hat.

7. stringfellohawk

stringfellohawk LawnSite Senior Member

The VS-17 panel on the inside is a great addition especially if you have to signal emergency crews into a location or mark something when you're way back in the woods.

8. Subiz

Subiz LawnSite Senior Member

I wear all kinds of hats... inside and outside. I almost always wear some type of hat/cap. I have about 30 in all.... Fedoras, ball caps, flat caps... all kinds. The lil woman brought me back one from Madrid the other week that I really like. Funny thing is... it says Made in China. lol For this 6 months that I want to be outside working this summer I am ordering one from the link above right now.

9. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Senior Member

What's the brand and or where do you purchase? Thanks.

10. Doug Green

Doug Green LawnSite Member

I'm bald so I have to wear some sort of protection on my head. I've used bandannas, head wraps, and hats. I found that using hats is the best because the bandannas, and head wraps become wet and disgusting. Baseball hats are the best for me. Although I have wanted to try the full brim hats. Anybody prefer them over anything else?