1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Do you have any antique mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Do you own any antique mowers? I just found out I have a caster frame for an old Reo (Wheel Horse) mower attachement for a 60s snowblower. I once owned an all steel 1962 Sears single stage snowblower and an old old Toro Whirlwind mower. Man that thing was heavy. I have an old reel type mower with a wooden handle. I think the name is Neptune.

2. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 50 year old reel push mower. Thing cuts great. I use it once in a while just for fun.

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I wanna say my wife........ but I think I know better than to say that :rolleyes:

4. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

I have an old 2 stroke Jacobson reel mower from 1943; bought it at a garage sale for 20 bucks.

5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a IH Cub Cadet 149, not sure of age, but I think the last year of that model was '74
    Fabricated a 3 point to the hydraulic deck lift cylinder. Put a ball mount on the 3 point and I use it to move the 16' boat and pop up camper around the yard. When someone new comes in the back yard and sees where the boat and camper are; they just kinda scratch thier head trying to figure out how I got them into that spot.:confused:

Also have a small box blade for it. Super for small projects.