Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 136 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
A family member does a good bit of residential work with a 48" Gravely. He has just about talked me into getting one myself. I would like to know what all models you have and recommend with 48" decks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good Morning! I am the SE Regional Commercial Manager and I'd like help you understand what we have to offer for 48" units. What price are you looking to spend and what application (walk behind, stand on, rider) are you wanting to purchase? We have multiple options and I want to help you find the unit which best fits your needs. - Bill Collester

Good Morning! I am the SE Regional Commercial Manager and I'd like help you understand what we have to offer for 48" units. What price are you looking to spend and what application (walk behind, stand on, rider) are you wanting to purchase? We have multiple options and I want to help you find the unit which best fits your needs. - Bill Collester
I'm wanting a rider something heavier duty than a house hold more of a commercial grade. I'm hoping to stay in the 4 to 5k range. I'll be doing residential work with some larger yard but most local people with fenced in yard have 48" gates. I'm a one man operation right now so versatility, price, and dependability are a must.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a 2014 walk behind, 48 inch hydro with the prosteer controls. I have been looking for a sulky and wanted to know about the different arm lengths for Gravely. The Gravely sulkies have the shorter 15" arms. I have read that Gravely and Toro machines use the shorter 15" arms, but I want to know if people are actually using them or are most people just using the normal 18" arm?

I recently picked up Pro Turn 148 with the Kohler 23hp EFI motor and like it so far. I got a great deal on this mower buying it as a demo with only .3 hrs on it(if you call that a demo haha). I REALLY like the loaner program Gravely offers because after a week of mowing, an oxygen sensor went south and the dealer gave me a pro stance 60 to use as long as I needed, while mine was being repaired. Now, I'm in the market for a 34-36 hydro walk behind for these Florida backyards, so I may look at Gravely to see what kind of price they can give me on one.

So far though, I'm pretty happy with the new Pro Turn 148(up to 26hrs now). Very solid mower and like the 3400 pumps and Kohler EFI. How do I go about getting some Gravely apparel? My kid loves to sit on it all the time as you can see in the pic, loves the suspension seat(me too).. Well done Gravely....

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

I just picked up 2 new 460's today to add to what we had so I decided it was time to take a pic of all of our Gravely pieces.
Here's whats in the pic from right to left:

(2) Commercial 21's
460 w/31hp Kawi 2013
460 w/35hp Kawi (new) 2015
ZTHD 60 w/24hp Kawi
Pro-Stance 36 w/18.5hp Kawi

I hope we have an early spring, I'm anxious to get cutting with the new 460's!

Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Discussion starter · #69 ·
I just picked up 2 new 460's today to add to what we had so I decided it was time to take a pic of all of our Gravely pieces.
Here's whats in the pic from right to left:

(2) Commercial 21's
460 w/31hp Kawi 2013
ZTHD 60 w/24hp Kawi
Pro-Stance 36 w/18.5hp Kawi

I hope we have an early spring, I'm anxious to get cutting with the new 460's!
Erik -

Great picture of your Gravely Fleet. Thanks so much for sharing, and I'm also anxious for you to try your new Pro-Turn 460's.

Keep us posted!

Mary Lyn

Discussion starter · #70 ·
I recently picked up Pro Turn 148 with the Kohler 23hp EFI motor and like it so far. I got a great deal on this mower buying it as a demo with only .3 hrs on it(if you call that a demo haha). I REALLY like the loaner program Gravely offers because after a week of mowing, an oxygen sensor went south and the dealer gave me a pro stance 60 to use as long as I needed, while mine was being repaired. Now, I'm in the market for a 34-36 hydro walk behind for these Florida backyards, so I may look at Gravely to see what kind of price they can give me on one.

So far though, I'm pretty happy with the new Pro Turn 148(up to 26hrs now). Very solid mower and like the 3400 pumps and Kohler EFI. How do I go about getting some Gravely apparel? My kid loves to sit on it all the time as you can see in the pic, loves the suspension seat(me too).. Well done Gravely....
Thanks so much for the positive comments about Gravely. We are glad to hear that your Pro-Turn 148 is working well for you, and please let me know what questions you might have about our Gravely Hydro Walk-behind units.

Please send me a private message with your contact information so we can work directly with questions about this and about Gravely apparel.

Thanks so much.

Mary Lyn

Small commercial owner here just outside of Myrtle Beach SC. Decided after much study and deliberation to add a "red" mower to the setup instead of another "orange" one. Bought new Pro Turn 252 xdz a few weeks back. Excited to say the least, and cant wait to actually mow grass with it. Loaded it up and took it to my shop yesterday to set the deck pitch, height, etc. (level left to right at bladed tips sideways, 1/4 inch high in rear at blade tips with blades forward, with front of blade height matched to cut height pin selection). Heres where problems occurred. We have one acct that likes 4" cut. Well, we tried to set up for 4". We barely got it with 4" at front tip of blade and 4 1/8 at rear of blade(Wanted 4 1/4). Problem is the deck wont stow. The lock wont catch in either adjustment slot because the deck now hits the frame before coming far enough up for the lock to catch. Contacted dealer and spoke in detail to service dept. He understood and told me the pin indicator height inch marks arent necessarily inch marks, but reference points.(It has inch marks on it, and it would be nice to be cutting at same height as pin indicates) He suggested that i lower the deck height adjustment bolts down to a measurement I can remember. For example: If I have the height selector on 4", the cut will actually be 3" so the deck will come far enough up to lock. I understand what he is saying perfectly. My problem is i cannot get 4 " cut height out of this deck AND have it work as it should as far as stow, and having a full 4 1/4" at rear of blades. Pulled shop foreman in and we studied it, worked with it for 3ish hours, and came to some more odd conclusions. We followed service guys suggestion and set 4" pin dial height but set front blade tip at 3 1/4(to allow the deck to come high enough for deck lock to work). All is good so far. 3 1/4 at front tip, 3 1/2 at rear tip with driver in seat. Now, with all hardware tightened back and all chains tight with no slack corners, we wanted to check our lower cutting heights for centipede. set height pin at 2 1/2"( understanding the blade tip should be at 1 3/4 ). We got another surprise. As the deck travels farther down from where we did our adjustments(at 4" pin with 3 1/4 blade), the front/back pitch stays pretty close with 1/4" high at rear of blade tip, but the height doesnt stay the same from left front tip to right front tip. Actual measurment of blade tip with pin at 2 1/2 was 1 3/4 on one side and 1 3/8 on the other with blades forward. thats just shy of 1/2" height difference from front left blade tip to front right blade tip. We stopped, studied, looked. reset pin back to 4 " and remeasured. Measurments were right back where we set them. Discovery? We ASSUME that because of the difference in the deck mounting hardware( deck height adjustment pin/ stow lock mechanism on right side, and solid bar mount on left) the deck doesnt lower the same amt on each side the farther we go down. We verified this at a couple different settings. The farther down we go, the bigger the height difference between left front blade tip and right front blade tip. Conclusion at this point and its where I quit because i was tired of messing with it- Problem 1) If i adjust the deck to get a true 4 " cut, I cant get the 1/4 inch high in rear setup and deck lock doesnt catch because deck is hitting the frame before it gets high enough for lock to work. Problem2) As I lower the deck to centipede settings for 1 1/2" - 2" height, the deck travels downward more on one side than the other by 3/8" at front blade tips. Note- through the adjusting and setting, all hardware was loosened to allow free movement, and then re tightened. All chains are "hanging" with no slack or "floating corners". I need help. The grass is greening up and I am not confident in what I found yesterday with this mower deck when it comes to changing cut heights. Would you , Gravely Commercial, please help me? Contact info - ShaneArd45@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 pro stance 36 inch mowers. they working great. Actually trying to sell one of them to upgrade to a bigger one, only has 49.3 hours..wanted to trade, but my dealer doesn't want to take trade. You should talk to them, because the Ferris dealer will trade LOL

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Small commercial owner here just outside of Myrtle Beach SC. Decided after much study and deliberation to add a "red" mower to the setup instead of another "orange" one. Bought new Pro Turn 252 xdz a few weeks back. Excited to say the least, and cant wait to actually mow grass with it. Loaded it up and took it to my shop yesterday to set the deck pitch, height, etc. (level left to right at bladed tips sideways, 1/4 inch high in rear at blade tips with blades forward, with front of blade height matched to cut height pin selection). . . . I need help. The grass is greening up and I am not confident in what I found yesterday with this mower deck when it comes to changing cut heights. Would you , Gravely Commercial, please help me? Contact info - ShaneArd45@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
Shane -

Again, we are sorry this happened but want to reassure you that I will help get this resolved. Our Tech Service group is great and has a handle on this issue (as you know), and I am working as well to get you connected to the right people. I've enjoyed getting to know you through the process, however, and we'll talk again tomorrow :)

Mary Lyn

Shane -

Again, we are sorry this happened but want to reassure you that I will help get this resolved. Our Tech Service group is great and has a handle on this issue (as you know), and I am working as well to get you connected to the right people. I've enjoyed getting to know you through the process, however, and we'll talk again tomorrow :)

Mary Lyn
Thanks a TON Mary Lyn for your outstanding efforts and keeping Good and True customer service alive and well! You have gone above and beyond for sure. Seems to be a lost art in this day and time. I am very confident after communicating with your Tech Service Group that my issue will be resolved once the kit arrives at the dealer. You, Tyler, and Stan are without a doubt very valuable assets to Gravely, and I hope Gravely Commercial knows how lucky they are! Looking forward to putting this machine to work and seeing for myself what all the hype over Gravely is about. There's "Red on the trailer!!"

Hello... I'm in the market to buy a new mower with 36" deck for home use. Looking at ProStance 36" and ProWalk Hydro 36" . Did try the pistol grip at the local dealer and had tough time controlling the machine. Wanted to know if the walk behind with pro steer will be a better option? Are the controls similar to the Pro Stance 36" ? Any suggestion as to which one to get? My yard size is little over .25 acres.

TIA

I bought a gravely 460 2 years ago, I ran choppers before and one day of running my gravely I was sick. I was sick that I hadn't started with gravely. I've demoed scag and exmark since just to test the waters. Hands down they have nothing on the comfort, ride and ease of operation, not to mention I can mow banks with the 460 that I though was impossible " before I found a real mower". I was running a 72" 33hp chopper before and I cut my time down even on big yards just because I could stay in the seat. Most accounts if it's not bi weekly or super dense grass we mow wide open with an out standing cut. The only thing I've had trouble with was thick wet tall grass, but with excellent tech from dealer and sale rep we have improved. I can't say enough about the support " even though nothing has broke cause it's a tank" but what little I have asked they went above and beyond to help. In fact I'm fixing to purchase 2 new 460's and the pro stance 52. I just need help on picking the right motor. I'm running the EFI 26hp kohler currently" huge difference in fuel saving vs non EFI wow" but would like some extra hp.
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought a gravely 460 2 years ago, I ran choppers before and one day of running my gravely I was sick. I was sick that I hadn't started with gravely. I've demoed scag and exmark since just to test the waters. Hands down they have nothing on the comfort, ride and ease of operation, not to mention I can mow banks with the 460 that I though was impossible " before I found a real mower". I was running a 72" 33hp chopper before and I cut my time down even on big yards just because I could stay in the seat. Most accounts if it's not bi weekly or super dense grass we mow wide open with an out standing cut. The only thing I've had trouble with was thick wet tall grass, but with excellent tech from dealer and sale rep we have improved. I can't say enough about the support " even though nothing has broke cause it's a tank" but what little I have asked they went above and beyond to help. In fact I'm fixing to purchase 2 new 460's and the pro stance 52. I just need help on picking the right motor. I'm running the EFI 26hp kohler currently" huge difference in fuel saving vs non EFI wow" but would like some extra hp.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would be interested to know what you did to fix your problem. I had the same issue as well as leaving uncut grass between the blades when wet and thick and tall. Gravely support and my local dealer was great in trying to help but I still had the issue. Gravely is a great machine.

I would be interested to know what you did to fix your problem. I had the same issue as well as leaving uncut grass between the blades when wet and thick and tall. Gravely support and my local dealer was great in trying to help but I still had the issue. Gravely is a great machine.
Remove the baffle from the front of the deck. I started running a steins blade and I'm going to try and pull this number out of my head. 355-311 I will check today and make sure this is it. Also I was running a OCDC even with the rubber trimmed all the way off it was still effecting the discharge so I removed it.
Posted via Mobile Device

61 - 80 of 136 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.