Do you raise your prices yearly ?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by paulsgrass, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulsgrass

paulsgrass Banned

I would presume come January of each new year you all raise your prices. Do you raise it by a percentage ? or raise it an even number ex. $ 1.00 , $ 2.00 as not to have a bill in ex. 60. cents . 90 cents etc.

2. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Senior Member

Good question. im here for the comments.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

I probably should increase to cover inflation but I don’t. Unless something drastic happens like fuel going back to $4 a gallon I’ll leave it alone.

sjessen and Cam15 like this.
  4. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

We dont raise our prices yearly, we reevaluate each lawn and determine which ones we are making profit on and which ones aren't and eliminate them. We have to stay at rates that's profitable for us otherwise its charity. With that said we will be increasing our rates on a few of our yards this year.

KUMA01, Doc8406, Cam15 and 3 others like this.
  5. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

We do something similar to this, some customers Become such a pain in the ass to deal with, that the headache outweighs the income

6. dfcam

dfcam LawnSite Member

Have to evaluate neighborhood, last time increased (you should keep a record of these things) also and i know this sounds dumb but proximity to other houses, if there is say 4 on one block I'm less likely to increase to keep them all. Yes, consider the pain in the ass factor, those people get raised every year just because. We do over 500 so every year we look at each. have a good year!

7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

if I raised my fee every year, by now my 40 dollar lawns would be 140 dollar lawns. lol

in today's lawn market? there's 20 other outfits willing to cut that 40 dollar lawn for 25.

good luck.

GSO LAWNEN4CER, sjessen and Cam15 like this.
  8. Ghopper3345

Ghopper3345 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

We raise every single year no reason not too up 3%. Every thing else goes up

paulsgrass likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    paulsgrass

paulsgrass Banned

How long have you been doing this for ? Are you saying you are working / cutting at the same price as you started ?

10. Ghopper3345

Ghopper3345 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

every year! If you provide a great service they will pay. If not we will find others it’s no big deal. I love when I hear the “ going price” that equals the going out of business price. We charge to make money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.