• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Do you take advantage.........

of nursery container buy backs? What a great way to earn some money back on empty containers. Currently i am getting $.12/3 gal container $.14/5 gal container $.35/7 gal container, and $.50 for 10&15 gal containers. If you just throw your containers away, better think twice about it.

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
I usually keep the one gallons for propagations and bulb divisions.I never thought to check about a buy back program.We must have 2-3K 2-10g pots and containers behind our garage.I better check with my nursery, we might have enough money stacked behind the garage to buy some new stuff this spring..

OP
NCSULandscaper
Just a heads up, most nurseries if they do offer buy backs, only give you credit to your nursery account, not cash money. But you can get it back from pricing out a job.

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
I could still use a lot of stock in my yard. I'll check into it here in the next two weeks when I get my master sheets for 2004 from my nursery..

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
Matt, I never knew that! I guess we learn something new everyday. The nursery I usually go to has never said anything, maybe they don't offer it, or maybe they will start for me.

OP
NCSULandscaper
Originally posted by ECM LAWN
Matt, I never knew that! I guess we learn something new everyday. The nursery I usually go to has never said anything, maybe they don't offer it, or maybe they will start for me.
Taylors nursery over on New Bern Ave. does buybacks

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
"The nursery I usually go to has never said anything, maybe they don't offer it, or maybe they will start for me."

Mines gonna start or I'm gonna start using a diff nursery! And I just burned enough to buy a new mower but still have enough for some nice power tools LOL

Mac

glennd

LawnSite Member
Does anyone know of a nursery that gives good wholesale rates on bedding plants? I'm in Roxboro and the lowest I've gotten so far is $9.60 per flat of 18. I'd like to do business with the hometown folks, but if I can do better than that, I will. Any suggestions.

Please don't say Wal-Mart. Those plants are just looking for someplace to die!! Thanks.