Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of nursery container buy backs? What a great way to earn some money back on empty containers. Currently i am getting $.12/3 gal container $.14/5 gal container $.35/7 gal container, and $.50 for 10&15 gal containers. If you just throw your containers away, better think twice about it.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
I usually keep the one gallons for propagations and bulb divisions.I never thought to check about a buy back program.We must have 2-3K 2-10g pots and containers behind our garage.I better check with my nursery, we might have enough money stacked behind the garage to buy some new stuff this spring..

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a heads up, most nurseries if they do offer buy backs, only give you credit to your nursery account, not cash money. But you can get it back from pricing out a job.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
I could still use a lot of stock in my yard. I'll check into it here in the next two weeks when I get my master sheets for 2004 from my nursery..

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ECM LAWN
Matt, I never knew that! I guess we learn something new everyday. The nursery I usually go to has never said anything, maybe they don't offer it, or maybe they will start for me.
Taylors nursery over on New Bern Ave. does buybacks

·
Banned
4,898 Posts
"The nursery I usually go to has never said anything, maybe they don't offer it, or maybe they will start for me."

Mines gonna start or I'm gonna start using a diff nursery! And I just burned enough to buy a new mower but still have enough for some nice power tools LOL

Mac

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know of a nursery that gives good wholesale rates on bedding plants? I'm in Roxboro and the lowest I've gotten so far is $9.60 per flat of 18. I'd like to do business with the hometown folks, but if I can do better than that, I will. Any suggestions.

Please don't say Wal-Mart. Those plants are just looking for someplace to die!! Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.