Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the national news is no longer covering our area I'm sure no one will believe me. Richmond Virginia was damaged so severely during the recent hurricane that I have talked to several professional arborists from Georgia and Texas who have already rented a house for the next 6 months because of the amount of work here. Most trees are a total loss, the problem was that we have had such a wet year and then 60-70 mph winds just ripped the entire root ball away. So, if you have real experience dealing with this, there is an absolute gold mine waiting for you here. I am sure that there are over a quarter million large trees that need to be cut down. I know that sounds like a large # but some of the neighborhoods look just like a jungle. Our power company has replaced over 6000 telephone poles. Think about that 6000. This city has over 1 million people living here and everyone knows someone who has lost a car or home to a tree. So pack up the tractor and a few saws and come on down.

This is the road leading to my storage unit :dizzy: Over 50 large oaks in the way.

Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Terrestrial plant

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some neighborhoods still don't have power, wonder why?

VA power still doesn't even have a time frame for getting the power back on. I ONLY lost mine for 7 days and 6 nights, not too easy when you have a 3 year old and a 10 month old. My poor wife

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Road surface Slope

· Registered
1,089 Posts
Andy,
Sorry to hear you all were so hard hit. I only lost power for a day, and most of the clean up is already finished here.

That looks like a lot of work.

Hope you and your family made it through all right.

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dmk- if you have a dump truck down here in December you could make an absolute killing. Especially with a Bobcat or front end loader. I would bring a couple of guys down with you.

Alta- we made it fine, but the tornado that came through 2 nights after the storm scared the crap outta me. Sounded like a freight train in the back yard. Luckily it was a small one, I only lost one small cedar tree.

GarPa- Many homes were destroyed. Many more have the band aid on them. That means they now have a tarp on to keep the rain and critters out since they have a huge hole in the roof.

Rodfather- I haven't cut the majority of mine yet since Isabel. Maybe next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.