does any know anything about this mower?

JCLawn and more

LawnSite Fanatic
I am getting a woods mower. I think its a 6215(not sure though) 60inch front deck mower. Around a 25hp Kubota diesel engine with 1,050 hours residential use on it. Its got a around a 12 bushel hopper for the grass collection on it. I am getting it for $3,000. I think it is a good buy. Does anyone know anything about them? How is the cut? Does anyone know the ground speed on it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSMkOkniQo&feature=related this a video of what looks like the same mower.

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
If it's more than a few years old, the Wood's brand mowers were made by Grasshopper. Parts are interchangeable.

Do you know how old it is?

The Kubota diesel engine is a good 6,000 hour engine. That's not a bad deal for what it is.

Watched the video, was waiting for the guy to flip the blades ON with the discharge pointed towards that monster truck, and he did. haha. He got lucky it didn't sling a rock rght at it, that was a loose grave driveway.

Is the front of the deck straight or angled out? If it's straight like the one in your video it's older, probably pre 2000 model. If it's like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lunf-q27mb0&feature=related It's newer. Note the front of the deck.

OP
J

JCLawn and more

LawnSite Fanatic
ya. I know Grasshopper and them were interchangeable. I don't know the year. I am guessing 6 years old or so. He has a smaller 48inch front deck woods and I thought about picking it up as well. They both have the monster dump hoppers.

Trevor8

LawnSite Senior Member
doesn't some guy on here have a truck like that

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
ya. I know Grasshopper and them were interchangeable. I don't know the year. I am guessing 6 years old or so.

That mower appears to be far older than 6 years. I'm thinking closer to 15 years or so.

razor1

LawnSite Bronze Member
If you don't mind the front mount deck....change all your filters/fluids and you should be good.

OP
J

JCLawn and more

LawnSite Fanatic
Think that was the owner on the video. But I don't know how old the mower is. He has like 8 acres of grass and he bought it a year old. Its got 1050 hours. Its has not been used last year because he bought a new Diesel mid-mount Grasshopper. Does this mower look like the old grasshoppers at all? I was thinking this mower was like a late 90's mower. Can anyone take a stab at the ground speed on this if is a grasshopper made mower? I think this will be nice for 25 lawns a week. I just hope the cut is good.

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
Ground speed, 8 mph probably. 7 to 8 was pretty much the norm "back then" before everyone started pushing 10, 12, even 15+ mph now.

Yes, it's very much a grasshopper with different color paint.

Top Forums