1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

does any one offer any thing to the customer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bigmudder77, Feb 20, 2007.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering if any one offers the customer any thing after you get there business? I was thinking about giving out a free mow it they sign up for the season of lawn mowing with is March-October. (if there lawns not to big. but maybe a big lawn and a free first time mow will get more money) or like giving them a tee shirt with my company name and logo on it.

i just want to see if any one does any thing like this to get more customers.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, we do. Both to new and existing. We have a referral program. Discount rates on other services for full lawn-care, etc.

3. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

Its my point of view that you don't start a relationship with a customer off by giving something away, if they are a long time customer and do business with you on a regular basis then you are in a much better position to once in a while give them something to show that you appreciate them. I too use a referal program for established customers.

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I use a referral program. I offer good clients a percentage off their yearly maintenance bill if they pre pay before the season starts.

5. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

How much of a percent because I was thinking of doing that.

6. grass-clippinz

grass-clippinz LawnSite Member

What do you offer the customer for referrals?

7. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

i was thinking about offering them like $5-$10 off one mowing per suscessful referral. does that sound about right. I was also gonna give them 10% off when they pay in full for the season along with a free shirt or hat with my company name.

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

It depends on the client and how much they pay for lawn care in a season. It ranges from 7% to 11%. I give them more of a break if I know they will be adding hedge trimming and leaf clean ups and other services that are not included in the pre payment plan.

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

A $25 gift card. Usually to home ripoff.

10. pbdlandscaping

pbdlandscaping LawnSite Member

right now i'm a free mow, with a mowing contract