Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a small stump grinder and grinding small stumps as a sideline when it's slow or in the winter. I see alot of yards on my route with small stumps (6" to 12" in diameter). Does anyone do this along with their lawn business? How does it work out for you? What make and size stump grinder do you use? I'm looking at 6.5 to 13 HP Grinders. I don't really want to get into very large stumps....just the small ones where a large grinder would be hard to get at.

· Registered
86 Posts
Hey David. I do allot of stump grinding. If you can get tied in with tree cutters (arborist), you can pick up allot of work. The small stump grinders can give you a workout, but not to bad for small stumps. Good money in stumps. I have several stump grinders from small to large. If you were closer I would sell you my small Rayco stump grinder. Only has about 5 hours on it. You might check Rayco out. Brian/////

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Don't even bother with the small walk-behind units like Bluebird, they will work you to death and are not as profitable. Rayco makes a great 25 hp stump grinder if you can find a used one, The Vermeer 252 is probably your best chance of finding used. I've seen them for $6000-$7000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.