1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

does anyone have this

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mdrlandscaping, Nov 14, 2006.

1. mdrlandscaping

mdrlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Those mules go for around $48k. Honostly I dont think theyre worth it at all. If you were to use it for leaves you could buy a nice dump trailer and leaf loader for less than 10k instead. Or if you were to use it for mulch, you could buy a nice Finn barkblower for alot less, instead of paying 50k for a Mulch Mule. Thats just my .02 cents.

Joe

3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, seems way over priced and I like to spend money =).

The spare tire option they charge $450.00 for.

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

If it cost say $25-35K it would be a little more reasonable but $50K is crazy.:dizzy: :hammerhead:

5. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

And the $48K to $50K is without any of the options!

Way over priced ... but I like the idea. :drinkup:

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

way too much money but theyre nice... a large mulch outfit here will supply deliver and blow the mulch for you for $48/ cu yd and they clean up all you have to do id prep it. ive never done it but ive heard of them...they have a big triaxle with the blower body

7. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

If i understand the concept all that it will do is load the wheelbarrows or maybe do a tree ring if u can park the thing within like 12 feet of the tree. A bark blower however can reach 100 ft+. So I really don't see the advantage in this thing other than shaving a few seconds off of wheelbarrow loading time. Definitely not worth 50k not even 25k if you ask me.

8. mdrlandscaping

mdrlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

does more than that go watch the video on their site

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Way over priced for what ya get, IMO. 50k could buy you a lot of help for a few years and just do it the normal way.:weightlifter: It says you can use it for leaves as well but you can buy a hell of a leaf vac and a nice dump trailer for not even half the cost.

10. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I agree that it maybe over priced, but look at their website, they have lots of folks that have bought it.