Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Alabama is getting so much rain, the ants are trying to take over. They are is yards, flower beds and in the houses. I am spraying Crosscheck made by Lesco. It is working pretty well, but was wondering if anyone knows of something that was better or cheaper. Thanks for you info.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Amdro, retail name, granular. Workers take it back to the queen kills her they all disappear in about a day or so, amazing stuff.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nothing beats TopChoice for fire ant control. It's a little spendy, but it flat out works for at least a year.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are very right. Top Choice is very good. I used it last year on a few jobs. Customers like to have fainted when I told them the price. Here it seems like price is everything. I have very few customers that seem to understand that sometimes you pay for what you get. Lesco Crosscheck seems to work pretty well. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I've always used granular Sevin with good results in the past. This year I'm spraying Bifen. So far, so good. No Fire ants here though.

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
XXXXXXXXXXDEleted

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I was doing my 2nd round of branular and liquid tick control. I was at my customers house the Mon after they had a wedding at their home. I come around back and someone had smeared frosting from the wedding cake on their stone wall. I swear it looked like a million ants. I ran back to the truck and had my electric backpack 16ml of tempo sc to a gallon of water. I soaked them, they all died but not right away. It works pretty good for wasps as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.