Does anyone make anything like this in the states?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by foxequipment, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. foxequipment

    foxequipment LawnSite Member
    Messages: 4

  2. DVS Hardscaper

    DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,580

    Are we supposed to read that website in an Australian accent? :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. foxequipment

    foxequipment LawnSite Member
    Messages: 4

    What are you a larrikan? :)

    I worked in a Ferrari shop with a Aussie that used to call me that.

    Anyway....They build sound walls using the same principal and there are temporary trench shoring systems that use it as well.
  4. PaperCutter

    PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,996

  5. Cloud9Landscapes

    Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca
    Messages: 558

    There is a park in my area that has massive interlocking concrete blocks, which are known as gabions, as a retaining wall. The problem with Gabions is that they generally are very wide, heavy, and at times expensive. Generally in my area, concrete walls are made out of CMU's with a reinforced footing, but that is breaking into concrete placement/finishing. This is out of the spectrum for most landscape businesses.
    The closest thing I can think to this would be a dry-stackable product like Belgard block, Allan block, etc.

    Here is a link on gabions:

    Here is more about CMU construction (probably rarely done in your area):

    And finally here is Belgard's website:

Share This Page