Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone makes a striping kit that you can adjust up when you dont want to use it. I have never used a striping kit before but the reason I ask this is we have some pretty nice accounts that it would look great on but we also have some lower end properties, dead grass, holes, ones that you can sit in the front yard and go in circles if you choose to lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by Ron Greenwood Jr
I was wondering if anyone makes a striping kit that you can adjust up when you dont want to use it. I have never used a striping kit before but the reason I ask this is we have some pretty nice accounts that it would look great on but we also have some lower end properties, dead grass, holes, ones that you can sit in the front yard and go in circles if you choose to lol.
What difference does it make if it is a "premo" property or a trash yard? Stripping kit doesn't care - might even help the ugly yard out

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree i would strip everything. Even the low end accounts because some people may think "wow look at his job on that yard just think what it looks like on a nice yard with no dead spots". If you know what i mean. Also if you mow at about 3- 3 1/2" it will help alot with the stripping look.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i hate to sound stupid but........:confused:
ive been in the bussiness for about 20 years and have never heard of a striping kit nor do i know anyone around here who has one.
i guess it has something to do with making nice straight lines, anyone care to explain, or better yet have a picture of one?:confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
i hate to sound stupid but........:confused:
ive been in the bussiness for about 20 years and have never heard of a striping kit nor do i know anyone around here who has one.
i guess it has something to do with making nice straight lines, anyone care to explain, or better yet have a picture of one?:confused:
You've never heard of a stripping kit?? Most companys offer them some are rollers, some are heavy rubber. One of our sponsers is TURFFLEX - Stripping kits

·
Registered
368 Posts
just snapped this one, its my front yard with no striping kit, i think it looks good.
not saying a striping kit is a waste of money just trying to learn a little here.
anyone have a pic of a lawn were one has been used?

Plant Tree Land lot Grass Groundcover

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
It's all in the grass type, some grasses like Quadracer's lawn don't really need a kit, but others don't really "stripe", they just get tire marks lined up next to each other, then is when you need a striping kit to lay down the grass between the tires to make a full stripe not just tire marks. Quadracer's lawn wouldn't look much better than that with a kit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
It's all in the grass type, some grasses like Quadracer's lawn don't really need a kit, but others don't really "stripe", they just get tire marks lined up next to each other, then is when you need a striping kit to lay down the grass between the tires to make a full stripe not just tire marks. Quadracer's lawn wouldn't look much better than that with a kit.
thanks for the info fsm

john your lawn looks great, do u have a pic of your roller im curious how it mounts up?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quad Racer-

The one on John's Exmark doesn't get "engaged," it's always down. On the Exmarks the striping roller takes the place of the rear anti-scalp wheels as well as enhancing the stripes. So it you raised it up, you would be without anti scalp wheels. Why would you want to raise it anyway?!?!

-Coop

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by Cooper Landscaping
Quad Racer-

The one on John's Exmark doesn't get "engaged," it's always down. On the Exmarks the striping roller takes the place of the rear anti-scalp wheels as well as enhancing the stripes. So it you raised it up, you would be without anti scalp wheels. Why would you want to raise it anyway?!?!

-Coop
the reason i would say raise it up is going up and down the crest of a hill not on a lawn but a driveway and coming on and off your trailer.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Get the book "Picture Perfect" or stop by any simplicity dealer and they have a brochure type excerpt from the book.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
a stipe kit like john's doesn't sound like a bad idea since it is commercially available.

however, I don't see the point in jerry rigging one.:confused:

just buy a mower that stripes nicely without all the fuss.

and BTW...all should notice that john has beautiful grass.

beautiful grass stripes so nicely compared to a lawn that is just field weeds.

GEO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.