Lawn Care Forum banner

Does anyone own the 34 horse Exmark

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  AdamChrap 
#1 ·
Does anyone own a 34 horse Exmark and if do can you tell a big different between it and the 29 horse to make it worth the money

#2 ·
i don't own one but demoed the 29 last year, plenty of power, the 34 is going to be a hog on gas, I see in their new 2010 Brochure that they are now offering a 38HP Kohler on the New Lazer 60" and 72", wow they just keep getting bigger and bigger

#6 ·
HOLY CRAP GUYS,,,,

I couldn't understand why you would want much less NEED that many horses....

and I'm sure it adds to the weight
Amen….the exmark we used 2 years ago had a 22 horse motor on it. Last year I bought 2 new mowers. 1 has a 27 horse and the other a 31 horse. Holy crap….I am using twice as much fuel on ether one of those mowers compared to what I used on that exmark…..yes I love the power but in all reality that 22 horse worked just fine. It was a 22 horse kolher command, and they don’t even make that anymore :confused:

#7 ·
I demo'd the 29 at 8500 ft elevation here in Colorado. Up hills and though tall grass, and it seemed to have plenty of power. With the extra initial cost of the machine, and the daily extra cost of gas, it just doesn't seem to make sense to upgrade to the 34 hp. Maybe if someone just has to have the biggest and baddest.

#8 ·
All depends what you are cutting. We have big open lawns that we use a 72" on and cut every week. You wouldn't believe how tall that grass grows in spring. Add in a gradual 100 yard uphill climb and you start slowing way way down. I know I know double cut, these are not the places that care to be double cut or care to pay for it. Still make great money if we can keep up a good pace! They do have there place.

#10 ·
I have one and it loves the gas. Not sure but if you can get a 31 briggs or a 30 kohler, I would do that.
I've used both and the 30 hp Kohler is not even close to the power of the 31hp Vanguard. I would stay away from motor on anything larger than a 60".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.