1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone work in the dark??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLugNutZ, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I usual don't work past 4pm. Most days I'm off at 3.

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Well I hate to brag, but I've done some of my finest work in the dark....or at most the light from a candle or two. :rolleyes: :laugh:

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I have sucked things up with loader at night with the help of the box mounted light I fabbed up but I wouldn't start a property in the dark, to finish yes, but I just hate the idea of not being able to see everything. Maybe im just scared of the dark :D

4. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to , but can't most of the time due to people being pissed about the noise!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

There is a guy who just showed up and is running a trencher for the plumbing for the new house about to be built on the lot next to my house. It's 6:30pm and dark out and he is running it without any lights at all! I suppose it's whatever you think you can do in the dark!

6. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a rechargeable headlight from coast to get an early start on commercials and have lights on my ztrs if I need them.

7. DLS1021

DLS1021 LawnSite Member
    from alabama

2 - 27w 4" LED lights on the mowers. I run them as needed. Cannot express how handy they are when needed. LED the way to go on mowers bc of the low wattage requirements.