1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Does John Deere still make trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rungreen, Mar 6, 2011.

1. rungreen

rungreen LawnSite Member

I have a few yr old xt140 the deere parts websites list all trimmers as oblsete but parts still aviliable.

2. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

No I don't think those are in production anymore. I think a lot of the dealers carry STIHL instead. Mine does.

I might be wrong but I don't even think JD made those trimmers. They were made by someone else and JD put their name on them.

I got a few of their trimmers and even a leaf blower. All have worked good for me.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The JD dealer near me carries all Stihl too. I thought the JD trimmers were rebadged Tanakas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

Dealers will only sell Stihl, It's a contract Deere and Co has with Stihl, so all Deere auhorized dealers are only allowed to sell Stihl. I'm not sure if HomeDepot still sells the "John Deere" trimmers/blowers but those that HD did sell were just Homelite with Green and Yellow plastic instead of Red/Black