1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Does the Pollen bother you?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ATL Lawn, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

here in atlanta we had 5000 pollen count today, and for the first time i actully got sick.

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Definatly. Thankfully we won't have that around here for atleast a month!

Cheers
    Jeff

3. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

5000 pollen count here to.i have asthma and man the last 2 days i have not been able to get out till 10 or later.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Heck yeah that dang ole pollen bothers me!!!! I was hating life the past 2 weeks cuz of all the pollen. It has been a lot better the past few days and I am much better now.

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW, 5000?! not sure what the normal is but that seems pretty high. I have been having issues too. You are in good company! another couple months and I will be in the clear. Hang in there! get some zyrtec and flonase, it works good for me.

6. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife told me the story in Atlanta was on the news about the 5900 ppm pollen count[1000ppm count is High ]. I may have to get some masks to survive that wave when it hits here. Thank GOD for claritin!!!

7. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

Never bothered me. I don't get sinuses either.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have seasonal allergies. The past couple of weeks have been kinda bad but nothing thats going to slow me down to bad.

9. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Me too ! Never used to bother me other than a few sniffles here and there. Today, my cheeks are breaking out and my face is red as feels like sand paper.

10. anj

anj LawnSite Member

I Advise All Of You To Wear A Mask.