1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Does this insurance qoute sound to good to be true?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by J&R Landscaping, Dec 13, 2006.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I was out getting some stuff done today and I stopped in for an insurance quote at a local nationwide office. The agent gave me a price of $639 per year plus an additional $100 per blade per year for snow removal.
    That price was for 1 millon dollars of general liability insurance. This would also cover tools as well. The agent figured in that I had about $2000 worth of hand tools and $6000 for the value of myt two wb mowers.
    He claimed that the policy would cover my tools and equipment 24-7 no matter where I was if an incident or theft should occur.

Earlier this summer, I got another quote from a different agent. Their price was $1247 per year plus an additional $500 per blade per year for snow removal. This was also for 1 millon of general liability coverage.

I am not tring to be cheap but I also don't want to be left hanging out to dry should something happen. Is the qoute I got today a good one in your opinion? Any thoughts or input is appreiciated!

2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Nationwide quoted me about $600 also, but I went with Erie because they were a little cheaper and had better service IMO

3. J&R Landscaping

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Anyone else?

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

erie is a great commercial ins company i only left because my agent left and promised me a better deal with her new company

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

oh and check your pms for that sales tax info

6. J&R Landscaping

Thanks DBL,

Anyone else care to share some pro's or cons for different companies.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually it sounds like a good price. Too good to be true?.....No.