• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Does this price sound about right

MarkTodd2233

LawnSite Member
Had a guy called off one of my fliers, he wanted me to cut some apartments, weed eat, blow, mow,, I gave him a price of $175.00 per cut, went out yesturday afternoon and finished in 3 hours, I also picked up 4 apartments for monthly spray on pest control for $35.00 a month. Besides the PC does the mowing charge sound right or wrong.

whitebp1

LawnSite Member
58.00 per hr not bad.............only i f it costs YOU less than that per hr to operate. if it costs u more then ur loosing money. its a hard question to answer but based on numbers looks good here

OP
M

MarkTodd2233

LawnSite Member
Thats what I am trying to figure out, the reason I started cutting lawns was due to the down time I have in the bug business, & my son wanted to help, all I spent yesturday was use of equipment & fuel. Truck usage comes from Pest Control side, paying son 10% of the cut cost. I talked with a friend last night that he also cuts yards, but he told me he gets $100.00 a hour, think he was telling me that cause now he knows I am in it. I think $55.00 to $60.00 a hour is a fair price

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
It would be easier if you told us how big the area is, how much trimming...things like that. Its a little difficult to give you an honest accurate answer without that info.

OP
M

MarkTodd2233

LawnSite Member
Its a horseshoe complex (the drive) on the right side 5 buildings about 1000 square ft in size. left side 4 buildings, same size, very few trees, I would say 2 acers of land, trimming not overgrown, the owner said he had a guy last year and payed him $130.00 a cut, but was not happy due to he didnt keep the parking area blown. to me thats his pet peve. He keeps saying he wants it Crisp looking. It took me about 1 hour & 15 minutes to cut with 48inch ZTR, and the rest was trimming and blowing, does that help

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
Its a horseshoe complex (the drive) on the right side 5 buildings about 1000 square ft in size. left side 4 buildings, same size, very few trees, I would say 2 acers of land, trimming not overgrown, the owner said he had a guy last year and payed him $130.00 a cut, but was not happy due to he didnt keep the parking area blown. to me thats his pet peve. He keeps saying he wants it Crisp looking. It took me about 1 hour & 15 minutes to cut with 48inch ZTR, and the rest was trimming and blowing, does that help

You have 9000 sq ft of turf according to the 9 buildings to cut but its 2 acres? Im still a little lost.

OP
M

MarkTodd2233

LawnSite Member
No, what I am saying, you have about 2 acres of mowing, the building are 1000 sq ft in size, you aked me to describe the property to you. so you mow 2 acres, and weed eat around 9 buildings, and blow the parling area which you could park about 100 cars

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
No, what I am saying, you have about 2 acres of mowing, the building are 1000 sq ft in size, you aked me to describe the property to you. so you mow 2 acres, and weed eat around 9 buildings, and blow the parling area which you could park about 100 cars
ahhhh. ok.

I think 175 is a pretty good price. Are you by yourself or do you have employees?

OP
M

MarkTodd2233

LawnSite Member
Its me & my 15 year old, I just started, this was my first job, thats why I was asking if this was a good price or not, I did all the mowing, & the blowing, My son did the weed eating

OP
M

MarkTodd2233

LawnSite Member
Well yesturday the owner of these apartments called & said that I did a wonderful job & wants me to give a qoute on some more apartments thats he owns in St Francisville La, he said that they are a little bigger, we will see. I had a friend of mine go out and looked at the ones I just finished, he said I should have charged more since it took me 3 hours, I probaly could have finished quicker, but was taking my time, this is just a part time job for me, I took some pics to put on here so yall could tell me if I bidded it correct, just cant find the cord to upload them:hammerhead: