Dog bites

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Caledwen, May 22, 2020.

1. Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

How many of ya'll have been bitten by a customer's dog while on their property? How was the situation resolved?

2. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Gold Member

I got bit buy a customer's dog while on their property attempting to give them an estimate. They apologized profusely.
    The bite drew blood but was not a deep wound and I ended up just letting it slide. It did not require medical attention or anything like that.

3. OP
    OP
    Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response. I have a customer where my son was bit on their property and then today I got bit by the same dog. Needless to say, they've been fired. But wondering if I should file a report or something else

4. Crazy 4 grass

I would call your local animal control and report it that way at least they have a record of it if it happens again and it's more serious.

Did either of your bites require medical attention?

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Need to provide far more details than that.

Cam15, dieselss and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

That's kinda what I was thinking. The bites were merely "strong nips" if that makes sense. The pup charged up while weed eating and nipped my kiddo in the calf (tore jeans and caused a small hematoma). Me same situation, charged while weed eating and nipped on the quad causing a small hematoma. I've been mowing for them about a year and prior to this spring no issues (most of the time the dogs where there).

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Did you kick it? Hit it with the trimmer?

Dog bites or attempts to bite me, it's going to get hurt.

8. Crazy 4 grass

In my case it happened so fast ,all I could think of was trying to jump over the fence LOL

9. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know how it work's out in Texas but in NC if a dog bites anyone twice and it gets reported both times then bad things can start to happen to the dog and the owner. But it's a real case by case thing.

10. OP
    OP
    Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

Like Crazy 4 grass said. It happened so fast that it was over before I could respond. He did snarl a little bit after and I was ready to thump him with the weed eater but I left without further incident.