Dollar General/Family Dollar

greenchoppers

LawnSite Member
Has anyone out there cut grass for Dollar General or Family Dollar? Do they pay on time?

elitelawnteam1

LawnSite Senior Member
ive been to dollar general and it screams DUMP. the only people that shop there are the mexicans. In short, you're better off bidding for lawn maintenance at walmart. (which from what iv heard is pretty bad)

while at this point, i don't do commercial mowing, but i can tell you that if you are focused on servicing high-end properties, dollar general is not that kindof place.

PLS-Tx

LawnSite Silver Member
The maint. co. for DG has called us a few times. They wanted it done every 2 weeks for $35.

I said no. I'm sure it would have been a stack of paper work then fight to get your $.

PLS-Tx

LawnSite Silver Member
Level 1 Maint. still owes us money for work we did at a Blockbuster.

I hate these property maint. company's.

K&L Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member

Same thing with SLM Facilities out of PA. Those people are the worst that I have ever dealt with. I stay away from chain type businesses and any property management providers. They all want it done for next to nothing and then it's a hassle getting your money.

elitelawnteam1

LawnSite Senior Member

Do you know if Level 1 is managing all the blockbusters? Because I got a call from some guy in DECEMBER when it was BELOW FREEZING WITH LIGHT SNOW ON THE GROUND. He was looking for a company to maintain the closed-down blockbuster in town. He wanted bushes trimmed, lawn mowed, litter/leaves cleaned up.

The blockbuster store had been closed for at least 2-3 months before he called me. I said I could take a look at it in the spring and give him an estimate.

If they are responsible for all of them, this is a good reason for me not to take it. How many months has it been since you did the work?