Dolmer trimmers and blowers

tannerbug

LawnSite Member
I am going to be in the market for a new blower and trimmer next year and noticed a local service shop thay I use sales and services dolmer equipment. He is not out of may way and I noticed there chain saws all have good reviews on other forums. Im seriously thinking of giving them a try next season. It would also be nice to get switched over to 4stroke stuff so I can stop mixing gas. Any 1st hand opinions would be great.
Posted via Mobile Device

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I am going to be in the market for a new blower and trimmer next year and noticed a local service shop thay I use sales and services dolmer equipment. He is not out of may way and I noticed there chain saws all have good reviews on other forums. Im seriously thinking of giving them a try next season. It would also be nice to get switched over to 4stroke stuff so I can stop mixing gas. Any 1st hand opinions would be great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im almost positive it's DolmAr… not DolmEr.

They seem decent.

there is plenty room in serious two cycle hand helds for newer brands.

I feel the top dogs have become complacent and over priced.

I would encourage anyone to try murayama or Dolmar or Tanaka.

Im not so sure about 4 cycle. I think it's a 4 mix type of machine, not a true 4 cycle. so you would have oil changes and a crank case? That thing would be like lugging around a 70lb line trimmer.

ducnut

LawnSite Bronze Member
You need to PM "MRCo". He's been a dealer for quite a while and can inform you with accurate information.

I'd be a running Dolmar string trimmer, if I had a stocking dealer. I don't want to have to drive ~100 miles to St Louis for potential service or parts.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
You need to PM "MRCo". He's been a dealer for quite a while and can inform you with accurate information.

I'd be a running Dolmar string trimmer, if I had a stocking dealer. I don't want to have to drive ~100 miles to St Louis for potential service or parts.

why drive for parts? it's called shipping… don't they have a little guy with a pony who delivers to your town?

BckYrdLmbrJk

LawnSite Member
Dolmar makes great stuff.

German designed and made by Makita in Japan I believe. Dolmar/Makita are the number 1 rental chainsaw. So I'm guessing that means they hold up to abuse. I've used the saws and like them a lot.

The only dolmar I have is a 330 C string trimmer. I forget the actual CCs but its a beast. I love it. Starts pretty easy, works up to power from cold pretty fast. I can put blades on it for thick heavy brush but have only a few times. I use heavy trimmer string with no guard and that cuts heavy brush just fine. All my landscaper friends who have used it have been very impressed by its power. I'd love to buy another if I could find them. Not too many Dolmar shops around here that I know of. Give them a try!

Top Forums