Don’t get complacent

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by CorgiTurf, Jul 15, 2018.

1. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Bronze Member

I figure by not leaving anything valuable in my truck I'm saving a window if anyone is determined to get in and it's not locked.

I did road side assistance and was frankly shocked at how easy it is to unlock a car with almost no risk of damaging it or making a racket, even safer and more reliable than a slim jim.

Matthews Lawn Care likes this.
  2. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Cuz people shouldn’t steal in the 1st place.

Let’s use your logic for say, murder. So, someone murders a loved one of yours. Your loved one never took any measures of self defense. Are you allowed to be upset if your loved didn’t do anything to make it harder for the killer to murder them?

knox gsl likes this.
  3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

No kidding. People shouldn't steal - but guess what? They do.

Listen, I'm not going to argue over something so petty.

Don't lock your doors if you don't want to. If something is stolen, blame the thief.
    The more people that leave their vehicles open, making it easy to steal from, the less chance of them going the extra step of literally breaking into my locked vehicle.

4. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The best thing to do is not leave anything worth stealing in your vehicle and leave the doors unlocked. Nothing to steal + unlocked doors = no broken window and nothing stolen.

That Guy Gary likes this.
  5. T1UP

T1UP LawnSite Member

I agree. My wallet and gun are always within arms reach.

6. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Bronze Member

Funniest & pretty creative thing I saw down south construction companies hang compressors in the air off the cranes @ night. Like damn ppl even steal crap off the middle of the highway.

7. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Bronze Member

I live in a neighborhood with 3-4 other Lcos we leave all our equipment out alot of nights. Bad habit but we all been doing i since I lived here. Low crime area obviously plus the neighborhood is also filled w German Shepard’s and Bulldogs @ every other house lol so that may help deter thieves.

8. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Platinum Member

They've been doing that forever.

stomachbuzz and JLSLLC like this.
  9. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Platinum Member

Got to figure out how to electrify truck & trailers. Go out in the morning and find a couple would be thieves twitching on ground.